Proud to be not-for-profit, at Sanctuary Care we provide high quality care homes where people are looked after with the utmost dignity and respect. At the very heart of everything we do is our mission to go beyond the standard expectation of providing great care, by doing everything we can to enrich the lives of the residents we are privileged to care for, their loved ones and as importantly, our dedicated and valued staff.
Howard House, 13 Howard St, Kilmarnock
£10.90 per hour
Full and part time hours available
Benefits and rewards
We know you work so hard and being the best Care Assistant you can be needs to be rewarded. We are very proud to offer the following:
- 20 days annual leave plus bank holidays (pro rata)
- Life assurance
- Care inspectorate performance bonus
- Overtime enhancement
- Occupational sick pay after qualifying period
- Excellent training and development opportunities
- Refer a friend scheme with payment of up to £500 available
- Contributory pension from Sanctuary Care
- Access to a free 24/7 support service providing support including legal, financial, emotional and medical advice
- Discounts on shopping, holidays, cinema, dining, days out and much more via ‘My Rewards’
- Criminal Records Checks are funded by Sanctuary Care.
Why work for us?
We spend so much time at work don’t we, so our ethos at Sanctuary Care is to enrich the lives of both our residents and staff. Let’s have some fun while we’re at work, support each other and work hard as a team.
94% of our employees told us in a recent staff survey that they would recommend Sanctuary Care as a great place to work.
There’s loads of training and promotion opportunities available for those who want to pursue it and every day job satisfaction at Howard House Care Home all regardless of role.
Sanctuary Care has over 100 care homes and you can ‘feel’ the difference a team makes the moment you step through one of our doors. The team at Howard House Care Home is special and we’re looking for special people to join us. Become a part of it and apply for this role.
Where you’ll work
Howard House has a team of incredibly dedicated staff, some of whom have been here for more than 10 years, providing outstanding continuity of care.
Set in a leafy residential area of Kilmarnock in East Ayrshire, the team at our Georgian home takes full advantage of the central location to help keep our residents well connected to their local community.
Are you our next Care Assistant? Here’s more about the role:
- First and foremost – we work together as a team to enrich our residents’ lives – let’s support our colleagues too and have fun in the process
- We give the highest quality of personalised care to our residents in line with their individual care plans
- Leisure and social activities are a really important part of the day – let’s get stuck in
- It’s very simple – if we can be the best Care Assistant we can be by being kind and supportive in every way to our residents, their families and our colleagues, then we’re all doing a great job.
What skills do I need?
- Team work! A happy team, makes for happy residents and a happy home
- Experience is not essential, as we will support you with all the training and support you’ll need to do the job, what is important is that you are caring, enthusiastic and have energy to share
- Being able to communicate well is essential along with a flexible approach
- You’ll also be kind and have a real genuine like for older people and their needs, ensuring we treat everyone with the respect and dignity they deserve.
We hope you feel you could be our next team member.
Job Reference: 210320
Closing date: 19 May 2023
We are only currently accepting applications from those with the right to work in the UK.
We might get a lot of applications so reserve the right to withdraw this advertisement at any time. Don’t miss out, please apply early.
Building Equality and Diversity
Sanctuary Group encourages and welcomes applications from people from diverse backgrounds to support our commitment to offering an inclusive environment for our employees and customers.
We work closely with the Home Office in order to prevent illegal working.
A PVG (Protecting Vulnerable Groups scheme) check in respect of protected adults will be necessary in the event of a successful application, which we will pay for.
Sanctuary Care Limited is a subsidiary of Sanctuary Housing Association, an exempt charity.
To apply for this job please visit uk.whatjobs.com.