NHS Scotland is committed to encouraging equality and diversity among our workforce and eliminating unlawful discrimination. The aim is for our workforce to be truly representative and for each employee to feel respected and able to give their best. To this end, NHS Scotland welcomes applications from all sections of society.
There is an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic, self-motivated Orthotics Service Manager. This split role is based in East Ayrshire Health and Social Care Partnership and supports the delivery of Orthotics Services in NHS Ayrshire and Arran and NHS Dumfries and Galloway.
You will be responsible and accountable for the delivery of Orthotics Services. You will provide strategic management, clinical and professional leadership and development for members of the Orthotics workforce across NHS Ayrshire & Arran and NHS Dumfries and Galloway.
You will identify and undertake a portfolio of responsibilities which will optimise the Orthotics contribution to the formulation and delivery of the boards corporate objectives and in so doing enable the profession to:
• Fully engage in improving the health of the local population
• Deliver excellence in health and social care by supporting best practice and evidenced based Orthotics Services
• Support the development of best practice in multi-professional teams
The key components of the post are:
• Providing expert advice, support, direction and leadership in relation to Orthotics clinical practice and professional development, to all Orthotics staff and to the NHS Board, Healthcare Directors, Health Care Managers and all other relevant staff in relation to Orthotics Services.
• Being accountable for the delivery of Orthotics Service, including the management of financial and physical resources, performance, policy development, service review, staff and service development including partnership working with appropriate agencies.
• Leading on a number of AHP change initiatives and hold a number of AHP responsibilities within their portfolio.
You will be based within East Ayrshire Health and Social Care Partnership, with travel to NHS Dumfries and Galloway. Hybrid working currently in place.
You will have HCPC registration and possess a B.Sc.in Prosthetics & Orthotics or equivalent. You should have evidence of relevant post-graduate education and development to Masters Level, particularly in leadership and management. You should also demonstrate evidence of quality improvement, research and audit activity.
Full driving licence and car owner essential.
Hours: 37.5 per week.
For informal enquiries please contact Lianne McInally – [email protected], 07866061584
To apply for this job please visit uk.whatjobs.com.